Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Liebster Award!!

Oh my Liebster!! 
I'm so happy that I was nominated by the oh so sweet Kari at Teaching With Smiles for the Liebster Award! According to what I've been reading, this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers in order to recognize their hard work and fun ideas! While doing that, the blogger accumulates more followers and helps them out in this crazy massive blogging world.

Needless to say, I'm super pumped! Thanks Kari!! :) 

As part of the award, I am asked to share a little more information about myself and this little blog of mine. Afterwards, I am asked to nominate 11 other bloggers that deserve this award! 
Let's do this...

1.) Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I've always admired other blogs- the famous Deanna Jump, Cara Carroll, Reagan Tunstall and Hope King's are just SOME of my favorites. When I went to the I Teach 1st conference in Vegas this summer (read about it here), I felt so inspired to start my own!! In August, "Loopin' Littles"...name help from Molly at Lucky To Be In First...was born :) 


2. ) What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

I would say passionate. I hope that my passion for teaching is evident in everything I do- and I hope it shows in this little blog of mine!

3.) Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?

Writing a meaningful post takes much more time than I ever realized. I love it- but life sure does get in the way sometimes.


4.) What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Other than blogging, I love game nights with friends. Andrew and I love to host and have our friends come over on the weekend. Whether it's a game of fishbowl, cornhole, or Settlers of Catan (anyone?) ...anything to get us all together! 

5.) How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Eek. Not nearly as much time as I want to. Most days, I can't even find the energy or time to open my computer. Other days, I have so much I want to say but I don't know where to start. Finding the time is without a doubt the hardest part. I would say currently, I spend 2 hours a week :(
#slacker

6.) What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Without a doubt, I love getting to see a window into other teacher's classrooms. I love that we all can connect and "get to know each other" through blogging and share our experiences. Reading about new and innovative teaching strategies and classroom management may be my favorite!! 

7.) Where does your blog inspiration come from?
I'm Cara Carroll's biggest fan! While I love hopping around to other fabulous blogs, I always find myself getting most of my ideas from The First Grade Parade. Come on y'all, I know I'm not the only one. I pray everyday for God to give me her handwriting :)

8.) Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I think I'm the most proud of my Classroom Reveal  (Although my QR Codes Listening Center post is a close second since it's been my biggest seller in my TPT store!) The Reveal post really shows you the ins and outs of my classroom. I take you through each area and I explain a little bit about having Great Expectations for your students. Check it out!

9.) Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?
I really want to start posting a "Peek at my Week" for everyone to see what we are up to in our classroom! 
Also, I have got to think of my products to post in my TPT store!!

10.) What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love that teachers from all around the world get to connect and share ideas. It amazes me how we all are helping each other to be the best teachers we can be. It has been way too fun!! 

11.) Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most likely to try yourself?
If you haven't seen Kari's Math Word Wall Posters- you have to check them out!! I don't even need to create my own, because hers are fabulous!! :)

Now it's time for me to nominate 11 other well deserving teachers!! Check them out!


To those nominated, here are the rules:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!) 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out, Ally!!! :) I am so proud of my Math Word Wall cards!!!
    I have so been wanting to do a Peek at my Week too!!! Maybe sometime soon! :)
    Also, I love your sock monkey collection! :) Looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Button!

My TPT Store

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Guess What?!

GoNoodle Inspiration Blog