Thursday, July 24, 2014

Five for Friday Linky Party!


It's my VERY FIRST "Five for Friday Linky Party" with the FABULOUS Doodle Bugs Teaching!! 

Here we go...
 

The very first poster I hang up in my classroom when I return is THIS poster from The Teacher Wife. Does it not make you want to puke cringe every time you see that finger gradually rise to the nostril? 
I. Can't. Stand. It. 
Having this poster seriously helps me out. I only have to give the "please take your fingers out of your nose" reminder 5 or 6 times throughout the year.
You'll know it's working when you see students point to it when they catch a friend "diggin' for gold"...



My goal this year is to make Guided Reading a special, purposeful and FUN experience for my students. Thanks to all of the amazing teachers I learned from in Vegas, I was able to add more tricks and toys to my Guided Reading toolkit. It's a hot mess right now, but I can't wait to use all of these fun tools with the kids! What supplies do you find essential to have on hand when you're pulling your Guided Reading groups?  



I have my August Calendar ready to go for the first day! LOVE, LOVE the monthly calendar cards from Doodle Bugs


Am I the only teacher that gets a brand new pack of markers and waits until it's absolutely necessary to use them?? I. Love. Me. Some. Scentos!! #teachershoppinglist  



 I have just recently discovered the magical world of Washi Tape. OMG. I have a problem. 
Can't stop. Won't stop.... 
Thanks to all of this fabulousness- my planner will be DECKED OUT! (No I did not buy the entire pile shown in this picture. Just about 10... or 15) #teachersobsessedwithplanners #iknowimnottheonlyone

And then when I thought I was finished... I spotted the Washi Tape DISPENSER!!! Stop. Right. There.
Without a doubt my new obsession. Thank you, Michaels!! 


***Bonus***

My team and I are trying to design our new team shirts for the year.  My teammate, Christine, found this one! It is TOO perfect!! We will probably need to replace "freakin'" with "stinkin'" ...either way, we are still AWESOME! :)


Thanks for hosting, Doodle Bugs! These linky parties are too fun! 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the t-shirt design!! And, you crack me up about the tape.. haha! Apparently, I am about to be obsessed. I just recently became turned on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The t-shirt is adorable! And I love your washi collection. It seems that everyone is talking about their washi on their 5 for Friday posts! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Button!

My TPT Store

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Guess What?!

GoNoodle Inspiration Blog